I hope this works. Den and I burned the slides on to a DVD and added the Calhoun music tape to it. It is sooo cool. The funny part about it, though, is that it starts out with Bach's Toccato and Ron with his "cool" outfit, goes on to those first pictures I burned like with Greenslades, Skinny uncle Paul and Aunt Lorraine and Cono girls sextet. Then, and this will get everyone cryin', it switches to "Begin My Tongue" Dad singing. Then there's a picture of Dad with Celeste, Val and Em on one of their birthdays! It is really neat.
Here's a bit that I videoed with the camera. I'm sure we will tweak it all. The "video" is 99minutes long, and the music is 20 minutes shorter. I'm not sure, but that "music" might include Ron's jokes at the end...YIKES! :)
Well, here is your sample:
PS. We're watching the actual DVD now. Any suggestions for music? And Ron's jokes are on there. Shall I keep them on? They're on during the Minnesota Christmas photos and then some. Now we're singing "The King of Love" for Junia's wedding! Some of the music fits so great, and it's not even planned. I need Jeannette to tell me how to get the music. I guess I could just use my iTunes? J. How did you get that CD for Dad?
Feel free to give me feedback!
5 comments:
Wonderful! You did more than I thought you did- music and everything.Great!
Sniff...Sniff...Sniffin'.....That was greaaaaaat!! Wish we had more of Dad singing! As much as he did, it's such a shame that we don't!! Hearing him sing this always does make me bawl! After playing it for some ladies I had here for lunch, I sang it in church a few months later. One lady said to me after church, you were singin' with your dad weren't you?!
Him always snapping pictures has turned out to be a great gift to his posterity. Him getting us all recorded is a great gift to us also. You putting them together, PRICELSS! Thanks and a huge hug!
One more thing if he could have seen this HE would be bawling his head off too!! He would be proud of you Rach!
You asked about Ron's jokes, my opinion is to keep them on. It's great at the MN Christmas with Gramma on there saying in her Swedish/MN accent "that is so stuuupid!" at the end of his joke.
Open up another box of kleenexs!! Wow, Rachael, what a huge undertaking and something we will enjoy for a long time!! Thanks and big hugs!
KEEP THE JOKES! I LOVE THE JOKES! I always listen to thme and laugh every time! What I find interesting about this is that he got "the camera" when were half grown as a family, so there is a nice cross section of family life, so to speak, and without going from alpha to omega, you get a feel for it. I fourth the hugs and the thanks!
Post a Comment