Thursday, October 16, 2008

Signs of the Season


I took this a couple of weeks ago behind our house, but combining soybeans is getting finished up all around. I love watching! I was sorry I had to go work that afternoon or I might have gone out to the pool deck and watched. I always wonder what that guy thinks when he sees me running out there! I have yet to get my ride in the combine this season, but I'm still looking forward to it. Especially on a golden day.
And finally we have one of those golden days today. This morning was our first frost. I brought in the hibiscus, the jasmine, begonias and the little rosemary. I think the big ones will be all right one night. The are on the stones which would keep warmer and anyway, they are getting past their prime. I'm trying to decide whether to just leave them and start over. I do want rosemary to cook with all winter.
No jobs all week this week. It's school mid-term break for the schools where I work. Maybe I'll get more scanning done today, and the house cleaned up. Wednesdays are crazy days. I cooked all morning yesterday and then did a workout and left early for church in the afternoon. Since we have worship team practice after prayer meeting, I don't get home until 10 or after on Wednesday nights. Last night I was sooo tired! Denny pulled me up out of the chair so I could go to bed. HA, it was funny to see.
Enjoying the golden day!

No comments: